Community Preschool for
The Community Preschool Program at PSD is located in our Early Childhood Center, 143 West Coulter Street in Germantown, Philadelphia.
Our play-based program is rich in learning, with emphasis on language development and social skills. We are committed to family-school partnerships and work together in developing and sharing all of PSD's goals for the children enrolled. The Community Preschool Program is designed for children ages 3-5 who are ready physically, linguistically and socially for an interactive preschool experience.
We are open Monday through Friday and closely align our schedule with the PSD School Calendar and the calendar of the School District of Philadelphia. Our program hours are from 7:30 am - 4:30 pm. We offer full-time and part-time programs to meet the needs of busy families.
Enrollment and admissions decisions are determined through an application process, play date (classroom visit for the child) and a family interview. Children must have a physical examination and be up-to-date on their immunizations before their first day in our program.
- Provide an innovative learning environment for children ages 3-5 which incorporates both American Sign Language (ASL) and English
- Provide interaction opportunities with peers for children with hearing loss, including those who are Deaf, Hard of Hearing or use Cochlear Implants in a bilingual environment
- Construct an environment where children laugh, learn and grow through play experiences
- Prepare children for entry into public or private Kindergarten programs
Features of PSD's Community Preschool Program
- Staffed with full-time, fully certified teacher with support from a teacher aide
- Small class size (no larger than 15 children) to allow for individual instruction and nurturing
- Fresh air is important to learning and growing! We play outside every day (weather permitting)!
- Students participate in weekly Art and Physical Education classes under the direction of certified specialists.
- Direct (and indirect) American Sign Language instruction by an ASL specialist (certified teacher)
- Field trips connected tostudent learning
- Family-teacher conferences twice a year to share stories about growth and learning at home and in school
- Family-PSD Partnership with many events (Back to School Night, Fall Fest, Thanksgiving Luncheon, Winter Show, Spring Fling, and others)
For questions or to schedule a visit, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 215-951-4701 or 267-331-4689 (VP).