We offer an array of support services to ensure quality teaching and learning by our students and staff:
- Lead and mentor teachers work closely with classroom staff on planning and differentiation of instruction.
- An Educational Resource Center and various book/material repositories are available on campus to support instructional development and adaptations.
- Academic technology resources include PC and Apple laptops, iPads, interactive whiteboards (Smartboards), document cameras, and digital cameras for student and teacher use. Regular workshops and training sessions on use and applications are scheduled throughout the school year.
- Professional growth at PSD is robust and comes in a variety of formats. Collegial and collaborative learning is an integral part of the culture of our school. In addition to a formal in-service program, PSD offers short courses, professional learning communities, vertical and content collaboration time, tuition and professional membership reimbursement, opportunities to attend and present at conferences and more.
- Each teacher devises an individually tailored professional growth plan every year.
- Para educators pursue state credential certification and annual training.
Professional Development schedules are subject to change. Notice of any changes will be provided as early as possible.
January 30, 2017 --- 8:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
PASA State & Local Training
February 22, 2017 --- 1:30 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
March 24, 2017 ------- 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
PSSA/Keystone State & Local Training